SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (Edited Information Launch/KY3) – The Springfield-Greene County Well being Division highlighted essential COVID-19 knowledge from February.
The Omicron surge, which started in early January, continued into February with seven-day averages of 400+ COVID-19 circumstances. As of Feb. 28, the Omicron surge has waned considerably at a mean of 42 circumstances per day. The county hit record-high numbers of circumstances in January. All ages group declined within the variety of circumstances over the last two weeks of February.
The entire vaccination share for Greene County rose to 53.5%. Well being leaders moved ts vaccination efforts to its Westside Clinic at 660 S. Scenic Ave. The Springfield-Greene County Well being Division’s Dr. Nancy Yoon wrote a weblog put up reflecting on Omicron, the way it started, and potential subvariants. Anybody can view the weblog put up on the newly launched weblog Wholesome Ozarks at healthyozarks.medium.com.
Different COVID-19 knowledge from February:
As of Feb. 28, the seven-day rolling common of COVID-19 circumstances is 42. This can be a 91% lower from the 459 circumstances reported on Feb. 1.
- These within the 23-30 age vary made up 13% of the COVID-19 case depend over the last two weeks of the month, down from 15% in the course of the first half.
- These within the 71+ age group now have the best share and highest complete of circumstances as of Feb. 28.
Greene County misplaced 20 lives in February on account of COVID-19 problems.
- 2 males of their 50s
- 1 lady in her 50s
- 3 males of their 60s
- 4 ladies of their 60s
- 4 ladies of their 70s
- 2 males of their 80s
- 2 ladies of their 80s
- 1 man in his 90s
- 1 lady in her 90s
The typical age of those that have died because the pandemic started is 73.3.
*This quantity represents confirmed COVID-19 deaths that occurred in February. This quantity may change primarily based on delayed studies.
- The Well being Division Vaccination Clinic closed on Feb. 28 after administering 13,439 vaccinations since November.
- 48% of these receiving vaccinations had been adults 18 and older.
- 63% of COVID-19 circumstances from Feb. 14 to Feb. 27 had been non-breakthrough circumstances.
- Greene County’s 65+ inhabitants is now 84.7% vaccinated.
To report a correction or typo, please electronic mail [email protected]
Copyright 2022 KY3. All rights reserved.